Updated July 30, 2020, 12:23 pm
Social Media giant, Twitter, in 2013 was the go-to outlet for everyone about anything from celebrities, politics, sports, businesses and so on. One of the most powerful things about Twitter is how easily Tweets can be shared.
With a simple click, you can share Tweets that make you laugh, or think, or ones you think your followers should know about.
Here’s the 10 most memorable Tweets from 2013!
10. Pop star Lorde blew up this past year with her hit “Royals.” Looks like the cab driver didn’t believe it was actually her!
i was in a cab home in nyc and royals came on and i laughed and the driver asked why and i told him it was my song and he said “mine too!”
— Lorde (@lordemusic) November 4, 2013
9. Speaking of pop stars, who can forget this mega star’s tweet about Miley Cyrus… I guess she was right…don’t leave your children with Lady Gaga!
DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CHILDREN WITH LADY GAGA pic.twitter.com/teuY8ldb9q
— Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) September 22, 2013
8. Ah, time for some marketing tweets…Taco Bell and their memorable catchphrase!
Friends are temporary. Taco Bell is forever.
— Taco Bell (@TacoBell) June 23, 2013
7. The U.S. government shutdown due to a budget impasse, it lasted 16 days and generated millions of tweets!
A government shutdown will have a real impact on real people right away—and the House is hours away from forcing one. #EnoughAlready
— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) September 30, 2013
“Death is something inevitable.When a man has done what he considers to be his duty to his people&his country,he can rest in peace” #Madiba
— NelsonMandela (@NelsonMandela) December 5, 2013
5. Remember the power going out at the Superbowl? Tide took advantage of this power outage to promote their brand. #Sneaky!
— Tide (@tide) February 4, 2013
4. This melted our hearts.
Happy Birthday Hermione Jean Granger.
— Emma Watson (@EmWatson) September 19, 2013
3. The #RoyalBaby.
— BBC Breaking News (@BBCBreaking) July 23, 2013
2. Beyonce’s surprise album generated 1.2 million tweets in 12 hours…enough said.
I think beyonce just broke the Internet
— Pete Wentz (@petewentz) December 13, 2013
1. Lea Michele spoke out about the passing of Cory Monteith, which had the most Retweets of 2013. #RIP
Thank you all for helping me through this time with your enormous love & support. Cory will forever be in my heart. pic.twitter.com/XVlZnh9vOc
— Lea Michele (@msleamichele) July 29, 2013