There was a time when companies could hire an SEO expert to manage their site, optimizing it to push it to the top of search engine results. Now, though, optimizing a site isn’t really a one-person job anymore.
Today, businesses need programmers who can code with an eye toward performance, content marketers who can help you reach your audience and vice versa, and social media managers who can promote your content. That is more than one person can accomplish. In essence, you need a team.
So, what is the best way to handle this? Do you hire a team of your own SEO pros and marketers, or do you reach out to an agency to help you navigate the online waters?
Hiring an SEO Agency Vancouver: The Pros
There are a number of pros to hiring an agency, not the least of which is having everything set up for you from the get-go. You can also look forward to the following:
- Qualified experts. No need to train anyone. Your team is already up-to-date with all the latest information, techniques, and technology.
- SEO and Beyond. Your team will be well-versed in more than just SEO, and will be able to handle social promotion, content marketing, paid ads, and more.
- Tools of the Trade. You will not need to purchase software or any kind of tool, as the agency will already have them.
- Worry-Free. You won’t have to even think about hiring and training a team, replacing members that quit or otherwise leave, or anything else related to running the team. You won’t even need to allocate office space to them.
By hiring an agency, you are freeing yourself to focus on running your business.
Hiring an SEO Agency Vancouver: the Cons
While there are many pros and few cons, there may be a few, so it’s worth investigating.
- Finding the Right Team. There are a number of agencies that offer SEO services. As with any business, some are better than others, so you want to be sure to find the right one for you.
- Other Clients. An agency has other clients to think about, whereas an in-house team is strictly devoted to you.
- Ownership of Data. It’s possible that you will not own the account or data from certain tools. This is something to investigate before signing anything.
An In-House Team: The Pros
You may decide that you prefer to go with an in-house team, but what benefits do they offer?
- They are Your Team. Simply put, they are exclusive to you and they will work on your SEO strategy and no one else’s.
- They Know You. By being a part of your business, they will have insider knowledge and be intimately familiar with your company’s inner workings.
- Availability. Communication is instant, at all times.
An In-House Team: the Cons
Number one may simply be that you are looking at some expenses to get up and running. It will also take some time to really get rolling. Other potential issues include:
- Hiring. Instead of simply hiring a team, you will have to recruit individuals yourself to make up your team, and for many businesses, this can be difficult.
- Training. You will be responsible for the training of your team and getting them ready. You will also have to continue training them to keep them up to date, as well as training any new or replacement team members.
- Limited View. Your team will be working from an insider’s perspective, which can be great, but other times it is good to have an outside point of view.
- Other Teams. Ok, so you have an SEO team. Great. But who is going to handle social content? Who will oversee advertising?
The Cost of Hiring an Agency VS Building a Team
The thought of hiring an agency might make you worry about your budget, but in truth, it is not that bad. After all, if you choose to build your own team, the software and tools they will need could easily cost you thousands of dollars. Many of the expenses of hiring a team will be avoided by hiring an agency.
In addition to saving you money, hiring an agency will also save you a considerable amount of time, which again impacts your finances.
It’s not only the financial cost, but also time. With an agency you don’t need to find staff, hire them, train them and hope they end up integrating well with your existing business.
Why You Should Consider Hiring an SEO Agency Vancouver
More than anything else, you should be focusing on running and taking care of your business. By hiring an agency, you won’t have to worry about staffing and maintaining an in-house team or buying the tools necessary for the job. Further, if you need fast results and don’t want to wait for an in-house team to learn the ropes and get up to speed, then hiring an agency is for you.