Marketing is not what it once was.
In the past, it often consisted of publishing a few print ads and maybe a radio or TV ad, depending on the budget available. Today, however, consumers expect businesses to do more than just sell to them; they are looking for a relationship.
A business can create this relationship a variety of ways. One approach is through personalization. Personalization is interacting with your customers in a way that makes them feel as if you are speaking directly to them, taking their specific needs and wants into account.
Why Facebook and Instagram Live Matter to Your Business
Using Social Media platforms like Facebook and Instagram allow businesses to interact with their customers in an unprecedented manner, and Live videos, in particular, are an excellent means of connecting.
Here are some of the ways that Live videos can benefit your business:
- It is utterly unique. They say content is king, and stress the importance of quality, unique content. Doing Facebook and Instagram Live is about as unique as you can get. Live video sharing gives your customers new insight into your business and character, allowing them to connect in a way no print ad can match. These Live videos offer instant, real-time content that cannot be found anywhere else.
- It is cost-effective video content. Consumers today respond to visual content more than ever. Images and video on a website grab and hold attention. Live streaming allows you create video content with nothing more than a smartphone. Keep in mind, however, that your customers still respond to quality content.
- It’s a better, more direct connection with your audience. Going Live on Facebook or Instagram allows you to interact directly with your audience. Many companies, for example, will use Facebook Live to do Q&A sessions. This direct communication with your customers is precisely the type of relationship many are looking for. Having an immediate response to questions and concerns is far preferable to submitting an email and waiting for customer care to respond later.
- It is a great way to build excitement. Do you have a new product coming out? Using Live video as a means of building some hype has proven a successful strategy. Done right, a quick Live announcing a new product will keep customers coming back for updates.
- They can drive traffic. Facebook and Instagram Live can be an effective way to drive traffic to your page. Live video increases engagement, and as mentioned above, if it is done well it will keep customers coming back.
- Real-time feedback. Facebook and Instagram Live are a great way to measure engagement, as you see it unfolding right in front of you. Live streaming can, therefore, be a great way to test content. Do customers tune in and stay with you or do they click away?
Do not underestimate the importance of Facebook and Instagram Live to your business. They provide a quick, easy, and highly effective means of connecting with your audience and should be part of your marketing efforts going forward.
Christian is a British-born entrepreneur and founder of Marwick. For over 19 years, Christian has successfully helped businesses excel in digital marketing. Founded in 2012, Marwick has grown from a start-up to the 11th Fastest Growing Company in Canada in 2020 and expanded into the UK in 2019.